-=PCTechTalk=- Re: address in email

  • From: "Larry Southerland" <larrysoutherland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Gman'" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>, <Puters_N_Such@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 21:31:56 -0400

I need to install Thunderbird just for you on my machine.  I use Outlook
because I have to for client matters (it is the only thing in Office that I
actually use).  I'll forward this onto the computer group and see if they
have any ideas.

I have just discovered that when I receive an email from someone who is in
my address book, his email address is hidden in the To (sic .. he puts his
name on the To list to check that the mail was really delivered.)  line, and
my email address is also hidden.  The reason that these email addresses are
hidden is that each of our names, the sender and I, appears in my Address
Book, so only the person's name shows, not the name plus the email address.

This is all very confusing.  It was not a problem with the replaced
computer. (I checked an April email and the addresses of these two people
were not hidden.)   Do you know any easy way to get Thunderbird to stop
hiding the email addresses and just treat the hidden addresses like the
address of any other person?

This is a minor instance of posterior anguish, but I thought I would ask
when the matter came up and before I forget about it later.

in the Subject.