-=PCTechTalk=- Re: a lot of questions

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:01:14 -0400

Regarding your first question...
I know Internet Explorer has the ability to save websites for off-line viewing,
but not really sure how good it is. I don't think its at the level that you'd
want. There are dedicated programs out there that function for this purpose, to
download whole websites and save them to HD so you can view later. If you go to
Google, and do a search for maybe for "offline viewing" or "website
extraction", that might get you what you want. I'm sure some folks here can
recommend some specific programs that they use. It was actually discussed
awhile ago.

Regarding the second question...

In short, no, you can bypass trial periods unless, like some software, like
WinZip, they'll work passed the expiration date, and basically rely on you
being the one to purchase it. But, you still won't get the full features. Every
software is different, and while you can do it with some, not others. Some are
easier, some are harder. Some you can just change the system date, some you can
just reinstall. And, some, well, they just don't stop working.

Now... getting specific with how to bypass this trial period, restriction or
lockout... that's a topic in and of itself, but that topic and anything dealing
with warez or bypassing any kind of registration modules is not allowed on the
list. So, unfortunately we need to leave it at that.

---Troth