-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Xaamp and My Computer

  • From: "Judith/agoodread.com" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:25:22 -0700

Thanks.  Actually, "My Computer" window would not respond,
then when I clicked the upper right x to close, my desktop
went to black (I have this as my background color) and
after about 2 minutes desktop icons would come back on.

I will take your advice and open up all my windows first
before starting Xaamp.

Judith
__________

As a general rule, there are many parts of a web server
that have to load
for the whole thing to work.  If you fire up Xaamp first,
the computer's
resources are pretty much dedicated to carrying out that
task of opening up
and registering all of the related modules until it's
done.  During this
time, other apps will have difficulty getting the system's
attention.
Understanding this means you'll normally want to open up
other windows prior
to opening up the server software.  On the other hand,
those drives should
eventually show up if you wait long enough.

Peace,
Gman

in the Subject.