-=PCTechTalk=- Re: XP

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: PcTechTalk <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 23:56:28 -0800 (PST)

All I know is my XP Pro upgrade license that came with the CD-Rom says it is
allowed to install the operating system on two computers that I own.  And I
have it installed on two computers.  It installed just fine on the second,
activated ion line just fine.  I just tried to install on my laptop.  During
activation I had to call the toll free number.  I had to speak to somebody.  He
asked if I have uninstalled it from one of the two other computers it is on.  I
said no, and he said I would need to uninstall from at least one as my license
is valid for two computers not three.
  Dave

  ------------------------------
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 06:05:21 -0800 (PST)
From: "Robert Andrew Dulaney Jr." <rdulaneyjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: XP

I am not a lawyer but I read it as One computer with no more than 2 processors
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/eula.mspx
Cris <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Darn! had I known this, I wouldn't have
bought the 2nd copy for my 2nd computer!
At the time, someone had told me I could buy a 2nd license for less money than
buying the whole program, but I didn't do that either.
Where do I find my license to read it?
Cris