-=PCTechTalk=- Re: XP ???

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 14:52:11 -0700

There is another consideration for XP operating systems.  That is the
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004.

This is not something you can upgrade to, but it comes on certain computers.
While you may not be interested in all the features, such as the Multimedia
functions, it is built on the XP Pro system.  That is the info supplied with
my Sony Vaio.
There was a FAQ question asking what the Media Center Edition had that the
Pro version does not have.

This is the response:
Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition operating system is one of the
most fully featured versions of the Windows operating system. It's built on
Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional operating system, so it delivers the
power, reliability, networking capabilities, and security features, plus
specially enhanced capabilities for digital entertainment. Media Center is a
single, unified, full-screen interface for entertainment-TV, Digital Video
Recorder (DVR), movies, music, photos, games, and radio-designed for remote
control interaction from across the room.

Hope this input is helpful.

Rose

Las Vegas