-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Worrying..

  • From: "Andy" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:23:32 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 8:16 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Worrying..

> Andy,
>     I'm wondering if you have your HotMail password memorized by Window's
> AutoComplete feature.  If so, just typing your username into a field could
> fill in the password 'automatically'.  I suppose that could also happen if
> the sender had already filled in the username part before sending it.  If
> this is the case, they wouldn't have your password unless you clicked on
the
> Reply button and sent it to them.

Thanks for that!!

I do have Autocomplete switched on, but on the Hotmail site (On the odd
occasion when I check my mail via the web rather than via OE), whenever I
log in, the password is never automatically put in there..I have to type it
in.

I've actually deleted the mails now, but the form they took was of an
HTMLmessage with the 'usual' blurb and photographs on it, then halfway down,
an 'invitation' to log in to their service for free. My username was EXACTLY
the same as my Hotmail account and the password was EXACTLY the same as my
hotmail -I don't see how autocomplete could put the password inside an email
someone sent?

Cheers

Andy