-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Worrying..

  • From: "geekette" <geekette@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:02:32 -0500

okay. . .a little more information:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Security/Q_20342790.html
If you do a search on google for "hotmail password crackers", I am sure you
will find more information on readily available programs. I am not going to
post information here that someone might use against any Hotmail user.

From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>

> I'd cancel that hotmail account immediately and either use another one
with
> a more secure password or another web based email account.  It they picked
> up your account and password off your computer, though, you have way
bigger
> problems than a busted email account.

I've changed the password immediately. I don't think they have got it off my
PC..I'm pretty well protected by my firewall. The links that someone kindly
posted about Hotmail having security problems go back over 3 years
though..long before I had my hotmail account-it's hard to believe that with
all the advancement in  that time, Hotmail is still vulnerable.

Cheers

Andy