-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Windows 2000 restore points?

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:41:07 -0700

Hi Lacey,
Yes there is this page covers it well;
http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,6156-1262916,00.html#win2000
How to backup and restore your Windows Registry

"The simplest way of restoring a damaged registry in Windows 2000 is to use
the Setup.exe program to run Windows setup on a single boot system.

How to run the Setup.exe file to repair your Registry.
You'll need to set your computer to boot from your CD-ROM drive if it isn't
doing so already. Put your Windows 2000 setup CD in your CD-ROM drive and
restart your computer.

Run the Setup.exe file manually if the Windows setup program does not start
automatically on reboot. You will need to find and open the Setup.exe file
on your Windows 2000 CD-ROM if this is the case. Click here for more help on
how to find files.

Select the option to Repair a damaged Windows 2000 installation when you are
prompted to do so."
++ There is more on the web site.

http://www.mwn.ca/ UPDATED 14/08/03
See my Anti-Virus pages  UPDATED 14/08/03
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 15/08/2003 at 5:20 PM Lacey wrote:

I've never found a restore point on Windows 2000 -- I don't know that there
is one... is there?

~Lacey~