-=PCTechTalk=- Windows 2000 restore points?

  • From: "Angela Cooke" <angela.cooke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 00:35:29 +0100

My Minister has Windows 2000 and was getting a little concerned about this
here virus that's about.  She'd never heard of updating Windows and when we
went to check there were 40 critical updates to do and she's now decided to
check with the person who set up her system for her about whether she needs
them.

I installed Zone Alarm for her as it was the one I thought would be easiest
for her to work with and I know most about it but as yet she has no security
patch.

I suggested that she make a restore point if that was possible before she
downloaded all this but I was unable to find a way to do this on Windows
2000.  I presume there is one?

Any help would be appreciated but I am going on holiday on Sunday for 2
weeks so will have to go "no mail" so if someone could give me any
suggestions before I go it really would be good.  She doesn't panic about
much but she gets in a stew about anything she doesn't understand with a
computer.  As long as it works she doesn't care.

Ange x  a.k.a. Clueless of Doncaster

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com