-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Win Patrol (was recycler folder)

  • From: EddieB <fasteddieb216@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:32:11 -0400

I have both deployJava1.dll and npdeployJava1.dll and my system and they
appear to be part of Java.  I also have WinPatrol and I see that description
on the Plus tab.  That is very weird how the first paragraph says it is part
of Java and the second says it is a pretty nasty sounding virus.  But, keep
in mind that viruses often use filenames of important system files, hoping
that you will recognize it and not delete it.  So, I think WinPatrol is
trying to say that deployJava1.dll is usually installed by either a useful
Java update or some viruses install it also.  I'm not actually finding
anything saying that those files themselves are infected, but that a few
viruses install those files.  I don't see how that is useful since almost
every computer has Java installed, so the file is expected, which makes it a
fairly useless indication that you might have a virus.

Hmm, I hope I have not confused the issue... let me just say that if you
have Java installed and AVG & Malwarebytes are not finding a virus, then
don't worry about those deployJava1.dll and npdeployJava1.dll files.

Ed