-=PCTechTalk=- Recycler folder

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 11:35:38 -0500

I just noticed a folder called Recycler in my Storage Drive F.  I have been
puzzled by this folder so googled and found others have it in Drive C.  I
looked and found it is also in Drive C on my Windows XP pro computer.  I ran
malwarebytes over both (in both drives) and it found no malware.  I had
previously tried deleting the folder from the F drive as it is supposed to
contain just back-ups. I was unable to delete it but was able to delete some
content in sub-folders.
In both cases the Recycler contains an NPROTECT file folder and a second
something with an icon (with arrows circling both directions).  On the C
drive the properties in NPROTECT show 435 MB and the icon shows 25 KB in 2
files and no folders.
On the F storage drive NPROTECT shows 18.1 MB and the icon shows 222 MB in
79 files and 27 folders.  A mouse over of the icon in Drive F says it
contains deleted files and folders.
Sorry for such a long and convoluted explanation but I am really puzzled as
to why this Recycler is there taking up space!
Can anyone help me?  It is way beyond by limited tech knowledge.  And, I
guess it isn't hurting anything according to Malwarebytes.  Have any of you
noticed this folder on your computers?
Sandi

in the Subject.