-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Wikipedia good resource

  • From: Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Beverly Hahn <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:24:44 -0700

Wikipedia can be manipulated, but there is a sort of "review board" that
watches
over much of the content.  I've read where malicious changes are pretty quickly
corrected.
BTW, how did you pick the Cincinnati Enquirer?  Are you from Cincinnati?

   Regards from

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
           ,,,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬
    Cincinnati, Ohio
 Scottsdale, Arizona
 ==========<[0]>===========
 Tuesday  2/28/2006  6:23:22 PM

 "The role of the judge is limited; the judge is to decide the cases before
them; they're not to legislate; they're not to execute the laws... Judges don't
have a license to go out and decide, 'I think this is an injustice and so I'm
going to do something to fix it.' That type of judicial role, I think, is
inconsistent with the role the Framers intended."

 --  Chief Justice nominee John Roberts

==========<[O]>==========
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 19:04:57 -0500, Beverly Hahn wrote:
|  I just read something in the morning paper about grade-school
|  children being able to change info on this site very easily.  I
|  wonder how accurate the information might be if kids can change it
|  for the fun of it?
|
|  The Cincinnati Enquirer 2/26/06  "Easy manipulation makes Wiki
|  suspect" "Librarians: Take online encyclopedia with big grain of
|  salt."  It's a lengthy article .
|
|  Bonita Smith wrote:
|
| |  I just wanted to suggest that people try Wikipedia.com for
| |  finding info on things like Shockwave, thumb drives, Palm
| |  handheld devices, etc. It is a great site that is very helpful
| |  when looking for basics about something specific. Here is the
| |  link about Shockwave:
| |  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macromedia_Shockwave
| |
| |  Good luck.
| |  ~Fiona
| |
| |
| |  Does anyone know much on here about "shockwave"?  Is it used
| |  mostly for loading up games or also just for images?  I am
| |  supposed to find an educational website that uses it and it
| |  seems mostly it is for games..
| |