-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Which Drive am I In?

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:33:15 -0800

Glad you THINK that...but...alas, you must have lent me your brain!... as I
wonder if mine works sometimes...lol!

And, I only came up with the renaming idea after having the problem
forever...lol!
I have to do the same with 'working' files.

If I am working on a graphics project, I pull in the graphics I am using
from several different folders.

I save the original files in a folder called 'working folder' within my
'project folder.
I maintain the original name of the graphics.  But, as I make changes, I ADD
to the name of the folder to allow the name to reflect how I have changed
the file.

So it could be say a pic of my son's dog, Rooter.
That would be the name of the original.
Then I would crop out the unnecessary parts and resize it to say 500x500.
The File name then would become Rooter Crop 500X
Then if I decide to add a border using alien skin  Splat and some puppy
tubes.
The file name would then become Rooter Crop 500x Spat Bord puppy.
Etc.!
And on and on and on.  I do that so it is easy to go back in the process to
see if I want to redo a change.
I know PSP9 has scripts, but this is an easy way to see the pic during the
process without undoing all the steps.
Additionally, I might actually LIKE something I did during the process and
it was not the 'look' I was going for when I started, but think I might want
to use it for something else later.  Saving the file at the point allows me
to use this graphic in a future project and SEE how I got there. llol!
Rose