-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Which Drive am I In?

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 02:54:45 -0800

The simplest way I can think of....is when you have copied the data to the
Hard Drive (C:)... take the flash drive out of the USB port.  Then, only one
copy of the file CAN be showing.

You could also, when you copy the updated into to the flash drive... (after
you have put it back in the USB port...) is rename the folder the data is
in..by just adding the time to the end of the folder name..   Work folder
1 - 912 PM
Then you know..you just updated that one.
When you add something else new to that folder..change the name/time again.

I have had to do this myself.  It is so frustrating to remember which is
which.  I do have two monitors..so it is a bit easier. I can have both open
at the same time and the helps.

On one monitor, you can have both folders open also.  Just make the browser
screen smaller and you can have both open...the name of the file..including
the directory letter (such as C for your C drive will show up ...

Hope this helps....
Rose