-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Wallpaper

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 16:22:14 -0400

AVG might be the better bet, regardless of free space.  McAfee is one of the
very few companies that didn't bother rewriting their 2009 version apps to
remove excess bloat.  As a result, it's slow, clumsy and full of old bugs.

The wallpaper issue is a strange one that has me wondering if perhaps the OS
was 'slimmed down' by a utility such as nLite.  If that's true, you may not
have any options for re-enabling the function because it would be the result
of something important being removed (including all references to it within
the registry and .inf files).  In that case, you're best bet would be to
wipe the drive and install your own non-nLite'd OS.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php