-=PCTechTalk=- Re: WINDOWS MAIL IN TROUBLE

  • From: G <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 15:19:56 -0400

Jan,
    Open up Windows Explorer and make your way to the Main folder you wish
to copy.  The first question is "How deeply buried is THIS folder?"  If it's
not a system folder (one that Windows uses for its own files) and can be
moved directly to the root (i.e. C:\MainFolder), how much shorter do ALL of
the paths become?  That alone might be enough to allow the Copying to your
UBS key.

    If that's not enough, there are numerous methods for figuring out which
files are beyond the limit, but none of them are simple or easy to explain.
If the above trick doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to explain the
easiest one I know.