-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Strange problem WAS unknown problems-- UPDATE

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 14:46:27 -0400

Steve,
    Win2000 is known for not playing nice with a lot of games (it was
designed as a business OS and doesn't have support for most gaming
technology), but a simple solitaire game shouldn't be much of a problem.
The only thing that would make sense is if this particular game is more than
just a 'simple' card game (like the Star Wars version of Monopoly for the PC
compared to the regular version).  Check the packaging for the game and make
sure it says that it'll work on Win2000.

    If it says it'll work, ask around to see if you have a friend or
relative who is also running Win2000 and ask them to install it, just to
make sure the installation itself works.  I have a game here that won't
install on anything because CD1 and CD2 both contain the contents of CD2 (a
BAD manufacturer's mistake).

Peace,
GMan