-=PCTechTalk=- Strange problem WAS unknown problems-- UPDATE

  • From: DeaconDeamon@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 17:19:49 +0000

I have decided to leave Windows 2000 on this machine for know anyway.  I have 2
programs that will not work with it , yahoo jukebox and netflix watch it now,
both need XP.
 Have also found that 512mb of ram is all the machine will take.  That's cool,
I can live with that.  With the P3 and 1 Ghz the machine is fast enough for
what I use it for.

 I was having a problem with any page that ran Java Run Time, Wugnut speed
test, Pogo, some yahoo, I was getting the explorer has a problem and must
close, firefox just closed. Fixed this by uninstalling and then reinstalling

 Now I have a problem that I have a game I want to install, World Class
Solitaire, When I try to install it it goes as far as registering fonts and
that stops.  Pogo help says it must be that I am not logged in as Admin. I have
checked and I am logged in to the proper account , Admin.  Anybody have any
ideas on this.  I have installed another game from them , poppit to go, with no