-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Startup problem

  • From: "Lee Rhodes" <lenella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:22:59 -0700

Mike,
F8 is usually Safe mode. Here's some listings for different machines to get
into their BIOS....there are several for Dell she might try. The first thing I
would look at is it's boot order and it if the first boot drive is something
other than A: then check that drive to see if anything in it.

 You must do this during the first few seconds after you turn on power. If you
see the windows startup, it's too late.
Dell=Ctrl-Alt-Enter
Dell=Reset(Twice)
PS/2=Ctrl-Alt-?
PS/2=Ins
Toshiba=Esc
Toshiba=F1
NEC=F2
Compaq=F10
Award Bios=Ctrl-Alt-Esc
Phoenix Bios=Ctrl-Alt-S
Phoenix Bios=Ctrl-Alt-Ins
AMI Bios and Award Bios and others=Del (most common)