-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Startup problem

  • From: "nightsneak" <nightsneak@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 17:37:59 -0400

Mike,

If she can get to the BIOS screen, she can change her options to not look at
the floppy drive first. Not sure about how you do that on a Dell, usually it
means hitting the F8 or some other key at startup to go into the setup
screen. It should tell her what key to use to access setup when she reboots.
If you know a little about computers yourself, you can try it on your
computer and maybe guide her thru it.

An option for her to check the drive is to install another floppy and see if
that works, but I suspect that she may be out of her element?

nightsneak