-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Scam Using Earthlink

  • From: Tori <verse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 20:39:08 -0500

No problem.  I was lucky.  They used the wrong email address (secondary
one) instead of primary or they might well have at least gotten me to go as
far as clicking the link.  Instead I went manually to Earthlink, checked my
account and sent the email onto Customer Service so they could get the site
removed.  It's written well enough to catch any of us if we're not looking
for a scam.  Some of them have such bad spelling or poor grammar that it
should set off alarms in anyone.  This one is well done, including the
link.  I'm an 'old hand' in a sense having been online for the last several
years and it still 'almost' got me to click.   Brain kicked in and I
checked which email address it was sent to and knew it couldn't be
'legit'.  But it proves that we should question everything and always
verify, no matter who sends it.

Tori