-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Request for personal information

  • From: Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:48:41 -0400

Whoaaaaaa.

Monya, I appreciate that you're trying to do a good job at school.  The list is
for technical questions..........and a few OT posts <chuckle>  I'd suggest
three things for you:

A)  Change the subject -- "Re: now signed up" is not appropriate

B)  Explain in the beginning of your post why you're asking for the
information.  I seem to remember you explained in another post, but it should
be with the current post.

C)  Ask people to respond to your request OFF THE LIST.  There are two reasons
for this; a) to keep off topic posts to a minimum, and b) to provide more
privacy to responders.  Recognize that most people will not provide the name of
their company, nor their own real name for security purposes.  This is a
practice YOU should also follow.  Personal data like name, address, phone
numbers, company, passwords, SS numbers, etc., should NEVER be given to public
lists.

Remember too, Monya, that most of the 700+ members of this list are not
professional computer systems people -- in fact very few are.  The list exists
to help people who are novices, or who are hobbyists.  Most of the "experts"
here are serious hobbyists that have other full time professions and do this
for....heck, I don't know, virtual brownies?!?   Virtual hugs?!?

List members.....if you choose to respond to Monya to help her -- please DO NOT
respond to the list, E-Mail her directly.

  Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",

   Master NetLord
         ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
Tuesday
07/30/2002
9:37:25 AM

"You never test the depth of a river with both feet."
-- ancient African proverb