-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Playing .avi file

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:13:13 -0400

That's not what I said... never said AVI doesn't play in WMP.

What I said was that if you have a problem qith AVI's playing in WMP, by
downloading the DivX codecs it should fix the problem... because, in most of
the cases where AVI will not play in WMP (especially if all you're hearing is
the sound) its probably encoded with the DivX codecs. And, downloading the DivX
codecs (not the DivX player, which is unnecessary) should fix that.

Of course, I realize that I may have linked to the DivX player, as opposed to
the codecs only. shame on me for doing it too quick... but, then again I'm
about 2 weeks behind in my email.
:-)

---Troth