-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Plastic as mouse surface

  • From: bob.in.jersey@xxxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:24:30 EDT

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 02:58:14 EDT, "Murray White" wrote:
> may I suggest using a logitech trackball wheelmouse? either cord
> or cordless. I prefer cordless but you do have to change
> batteries frequently. Trackball is far superior to normal mouse
> and much easier on the hand. Don't buy a trackball that is
> operated by the fingers with the ball in the upper middle. get one
> operated by the thumb as this will facilitate drag and drop--
> thumbs pronate more than fingers.

Nothing personal, but right now we have TWO Memorex MX4100 scroll-
wheel mice (the second dad got just in case something severe happens
to the first), so we're not planning to get any more any time soon.
I'm also holding off on getting any more Everglide "Mouse Skatez",
not because I'm afraid to pay less, but because they INSIST on
sending the damned thing by UPS envelope at a minimum additional
charge of at least 9 dollars.

I'm simply looking for more effective and less expensive
alternatives to paying 10 to 11 dollars for that glorified piece of
plastic 3M Corp. markets as a better mousing surface.

I'll get back to Walmart in the next day or so and see if they still
have those non-abrading pads like we used earlier.  They should
still be around; if they're still a problem, I'll just measure and
cut out sheet-sized pieces of some of those clear tall-kitchen bags
one of my brothers found someplace (allegedly where he works).

--
BOB dot in dot jersey at Juno dot com