-=PCTechTalk=- Re: PCTechTalk=- Re: I really need help with attachments

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 08:09:59 -0400

This sounds like you have selected "Digest Mode" as your email delivery
status.  It also sounds as if the enterprose level anti-virus program is
having a problem scanning some or all of the messages in the digest and is
attaching the digest to a notice telling you about the problem.

When the digest arrives as an attachment, can you open it and read the
contents?  If not, does it identify a specific virus?  Does your anti-virus
and other security software scan it OK?

Brightmail is the enterprise level email software being used to scan your
email for viruses, spam and other bad stuff at either the originating server
or the receiving server or both.  It scans your email for malware.  Symantec
bought the company a while back and I assume is blending their technology
with Brightmail technology to make a better product.

Because this is an enterprise level product I would first suggest contacting
the customer service or tech support desk at the originating end and/or the
receiving end.  One or both should be able to provide information to address
your concerns.

You could try changing your email status to "Individual Emails".  If the
problem is caused by a bad email, this would limit the problem to the
specific bad e-mail message or messages instead of an entire digest package
of messages.

For more information look at this Google search result page and visit some
of the listed sites.

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=deskbar&q=This+message+has+been+processed+by+Brightmail%28r%29+AntiVirus+using+Symantec%27s+AntiVirus+Technology

If broken, try http://tinyurl.com/8sws2

Don