-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Over active floppy drive

  • From: "keith" <kword88@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 02:41:22 -0400

Try this microsoft knowledge base article:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q216752

I'm back with this thread again, sorry!  Whenever i use the Search or
R/click 'Open With' feature in my WinMe, my floppy drive runs
for what seems an eternity.

I have tried all the suggestions made in the past, and success was only
very short lived.

Can I disable the floppy drive via the BIOS? Should I change the
order of it? Would doing this create other problems, like  if it
becomes necessary to use the Emergency Start Up disk?

TIA

Rick