-=PCTechTalk=- Re: OPASERV VIRUS HELP

  • From: Glen <glbbrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:59:26 -0800 (PST)

Did you follow the directions on Symantec to the
letter?

Disconnect all networks. Disconnect from internet.
Delete all files specified. Delete all Registry
entries specified.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.opaserv.e.worm.html

I suspect that you still have the put.ini file on your
hard drive and when you reboot it initilizes that file
and downloads the virus all over again.

Hope this helps.

Glen