-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Not a valid WIN32 app - HELP!!!!!

  • From: "GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 23:58:58 -0400

Rick,
    It's an odd error message that seemingly has nothing to do with the
problem that causes it.  How buried is the file within the folder tree?  In
other words, is it in a folder which is inside a folder that's inside a
folder inside yet another folder?  If the path is too long, some programs
will have difficulty finding it.  I'm not exactly certain but I think the
path must be kept to under 512 characters.  That number includes such items
as the drive letter, colon and even the backwards slashes between the folder
names.  When in doubt, try copying it to a root folder and opening it up
form there.

Peace,
G Man

PCTechTalk Owner