-=PCTechTalk=- Re: New Computer System at Best Buy

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:33:18 -0400

Good to compare though too!
Yes - I had an experience with them with my monitor and I vowed to never shop
there again. Then in the news, there was a man who bought a combinatin TV/VCR
from them - got it home and that wasn't what was in the box - and they wouldn't
take it back because he could have switched it. At that time, I heard several
other stories about them - so I don't know if they have changed, but because of
my personal experience, I am very hestitant to deal with them. My monitor
didn't work when we got it home. Returned it, and they gave us another. It
didn't work - returned it, and they tried some that time and said the entire
shipment must have been bad. So we bought a different monitor. Problem came in
when - when we returned the original monitor, they were required to keep my
original sales receipt. They said my return/exhcange receipt was all I needed.
So when I went back that next time, I didn't have my original sales receipt, so
they wouldn't give me the amount of money I paid for it, they gave me the
lowest price they had ever sold it at, which was $100.00 less. I said I could
show them my credit card receipt and they could look it up on their system
since it was their policy that they had to take the original sales receipt at
the time of the exchange - going up in managment didn't help. I felt like it
was an obvious way to scam people. They just kept saying it's their policy and
that was how it was. so!! I am not exactly thrilled with the idea of buying
something - where I have to trust them!!
but!! it's still good to see what they have!! And I price shop ads, and if
another store has the same product, I can use their ad. And comparison's of
comuters is a good thing!
Thank you!
Cris