-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Need Help With Settings

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 11:50:42 -0400

And, there goes the equal signs again!

---Troth

-----Original Message-----
From: pctechtalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx =
[mailto:pctechtalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ~OoO~
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 11:48 AM
To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: -=3DPCTechTalk=3D- Re: Need Help With Settings

First of all, you can see if its ZoneAlarm doing the block by simply =3D
shutting it down. Right-click the ZA icon on the bottom right corner by =
=3D
the clock and select SHUTDOWN ZONEALARM.

If its ZA, then its just a matter of finding what specifically it is =3D
that's blocking it. You might have ad-blocking on, and Jigzone might =3D
require the ads... just an example. If we know it ZA, then we can =3D
proceed on that aspect.

If its not ZA, then it probably a setting in AOL. I'm assuming you're =
=3D
using the AOL browser. Since you're getting an AOL security warning, =3D
it's a good chance its AOL. Try going to the site using straight =3D
Internet Explorer. If you can't find the icon, go to START > RUN and =3D
type in IEXPLORE, and enter. That'll open up IE. Try surfing now.

Still no good? If you have Firefox, Opera or any other browsers =3D
installed, try those first. If you don't have any other browsers, =3D
probably no need to actually get them... just another option for you =3D
though.

Ad-Aware has Ad-Watch that may be running in the background. Try =3D
shutting that down if its on. And, Spybot has, I think its called, Tea =
=3D
Timer. Also shut that down.

I haven't tried going to the jigzone site, but if it uses Java, you then =
=3D
need it installed (which according to your post you have already done =
=3D
that). Otherwise, it could also be using ActiveX or Flash. You mentioned =
=3D
the object being blocked was swflash.cab, which indicates its 'probably' =
=3D
shockwave/flash. Not sure how they name their files, other than the =3D
extension, but that file is a cab file, not an swf file.=3D20

These are just some ideas. Let us know what you've tried from this post.

---Troth