-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Microsoft virus.

  • From: "sylviavdwall" <pvdwall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:22:20 +0100

  It got less today, only 6 untill now so maybe it will decrease slowly.
  Sylvia......Holland.

It could be just one person who is infected who has access to your address -
and their computer just keeps sending and sending and sending...
I got again, something from weather alerts - hurricane information - and when I
look in the header in mailwasher - it is a microsoft link to download a patch -
so I'm sure that is the virus - link form - but who would click on a link for a
microsoft patch coming from a weather alert - especially if you don't receive
weather alerts!!
strange! it goes immediately down the tubes with mailwasher...
CrisS

  No my email address is not spread that much. The only list I'm on is this one
and friends have my email address. No company's at all because I never buy or
react to advertisements. I don't receive any spam at all jet. Also this email
address I only have since July, before I had another one but had to change
because of problems with the previous server.
  So because of that I started to think it must be something in MY own computer
having me receive all those false Micosoft Updates.
  sylvia.