-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Microsoft Update`

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:15:43 +1200

This came to me also, you may recall. It does not contain a virus, but
the download does.  Somebody said that opening it caused an automatic
download of a virus containing file.  This is where the danger lies.  I
have also, since yesterday morning, had 5 emails from unrecognised
sources and with unexpected subject lines. They have all been ditched
without thinking about looking. One other came from Wyatt but the PCTT
prefix did not appear in the subject line. I was attempting to drag it
to a 'DANGER" Folder until I checked with Wyatt, and it opened
momentarily.  I nearly had pups, but fortunately it was a 'test'. I got
a good lesson from this - Don't drag suspicious emails!!

Do a Shift/Delete(Keyboard Button!)  It then bypasses your Trash and
goes into cyberspace.

Cheers

Rick H