-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Juno mail reply [attn. Don]

  • From: Don L Elias <donelias@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 23:52:35 -0500

Thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry that you are having problems with the list.

As I said before, I LOVE JUNO.  For instance, I was having
problems with my internet connection BUT I could still get
my Juno email.  I have been a Juno user for several years
and I have never had the kind of problems that you wrote
about receiving "digested" mail.  All my digests consist of
all the emails connected end to end in one big email.  My
Juno does NOT require a separate connection to get email.
I can either get it as a separate connection if I am not on
the internet; or just click it to download all mail if I am
already connected to the internet.  This is either a new
feature or one that I just found out about in the last couple
of years.

I don't think your statement that Juno won't allow you to
use other mail programs is true either.  Last summer,
when my nephew was staying with us for a couple of
weeks, he set up Outlook Express to access his mail
(through Yahoo, I think.)  I've never tried another email
program because I am totally commited to Juno and
have never used any other email programs (on my
personal computers).  (Yes, I know that sounds like
am wearing blinders!!!!!!!!!!)  I used to use Outlook at
2 simultaneous jobs before I retired but I thought that
Outlook was pretty cumbersome.  Of course, when I
was on a high speed line, Outlook worked a lot better.

I use Juno Version 4.  I tried Version 5, but it was too
dependent on the the internet connection so I went
back to V4.

Thanks for your input.

Don Elias

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002 19:40:32 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) "Jo Ann Weaver"
<hillfarm3@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Don,
> I received your mail but am having trouble replying to the list right
now. I
> was using Juno about 18 months ago, it may have changed now. The reason
> hated it was this. I belong to about 25 e-mail lists and several I get
in
> digest form of 25 or more messages. Juno mail saw each message in the
digest
> as individual attachments that must be opened seperately. I just about
wore
> out my mouse and finger too, and I couldn't handle that. I also didn't
like
> the way you must make a seperate connection to get e-mail. My son is
using
> the Juno account now and he doesn't like the mail either, and it won't
allow
> you to use other mail programs.
> Jo Ann

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!