-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Internet Explorer 7

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:33:57 -0800

Hi Beverly,
here in BC Canada many of the banks will not allow
you to use their services if you are not using IE7.

There are just too many security holes in IE6.

I have been using IE7 based Avant browser for the
past year without problems.

Well not exactly one of the new build had a bug in it.
I just uninstalled the new build and went back to the
previous one that worked OK.
Within 2 days Avant had a new build to fix the problem
one.

In fact I received a notice today when opening Avant that
there is a new build available, I'm guessing it incorporates
the latest MS Updates/patches to IE7.

I'm also using IE7 on my new, 2 months old ACER
laptop running Vista Home Premium.

But it only gets used while I'm backing up or upgrading
my old AMD 1000.
I'm a creature of habit it works well and just keeps going
like the Duracell bunny<grin>

I have 5 other faster more powerful/more ram computers
but I just use them as test platforms, they all have
crippled Vista RC2. MS was supposed to send me a working
copy of the final version of Vista for proving testing and
bug reporting.

All I got was the shaft:<
They crippled the beta RC2 just after the Vista final was
released, the computers boot to a black screen prompting
me to buy Vista.
I use those computers to test the Linux 'Live' CD's
they run from the CD and use the ram to run.

Seasons Greetings

Mike the mod