-=PCTechTalk=- Re: IFRAME UPDATE

  • From: "Terry" <glutathionemiracles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:35:06 -0600

Ok, from Panda

http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/encyclopedia/overvie
w.aspx?idvirus=36556
Brief Description

Exploit/iFrame is a vulnerability exploit. It is not
categorized as a virus, worm or Trojan. To be more precise,
it is code written in the HTML language, which is included
in the body of a message in order to exploit a vulnerability
in Internet Explorer

This vulnerability is exploited by worms like Klez, Nimda,
Badtrans, Frethem, etc., in order to run automatically if
the Preview pane in Outlook is enabled.

I checked my records in my Panda, I got this from the
Japanese girl vs Playboy thing that was going on related to
this list, I was also infected with Klez, same message.  I
had sent a message to the group that I didn't receive the
virus as an attachment but just as the text in a message, I
guess this is how that happened.  Also found several links
on Google:
http://www.google.com/search?q=exploit%2Fiframe&btnG=Google+
Search&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
One that I read,
http://www.computing.net/security/wwwboard/forum/2545.html
the one person had heard that IE 6 was safe, but wound up
reformatting her hard drive, one reply said that it seemed
IE 6 was vulnerable.  Since this came through OE, I wonder
if it's OE 6 that's safe?  I have not wanted to update to OE
6 and have OE 5.5.

Terry