-=PCTechTalk=- Re: IE - javascripts and cookies...

  • From: "~OoO~" <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 22:33:11 -0400

Javascript is a scripting language that some websites will use to =
present content (well, it doesn't have to be used for a website only... =
it can be used as a stand-alone product). You can disable it with no =
major problem. However, if you disable javascripting some sites will not =
work properly. Not a big deal unless you really need the site.

Cookies are basically little memos websites leave on your system. For =
example, if you come to my site, I may leave a cookie on your computer =
telling me you were at my site at this particular day. Next time you =
visit my site again, my site will see you were here, for example, 3 days =
ago. This is just an example, but in general a site leaves cookies as a =
memo to itself. That's the best way to describe it.

You can disable cookies if you like. Should not affect anything. Except =
for sites which rely on cookies to remember you. Some security sites =
require cookies to be on. Generally, you'll probably get a message if =
the site needs cookies enabled to function.

Sir Troth
ICQ #1717439
AIM/AOL: SirTrothX
Yahoo: SirTroth