-=PCTechTalk=- Re: adding downloaded fonts

  • From: "Sammi" <sammi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:07:20 -0600

Hi,

Yes I understand that you can install them. But, I have hundreds of fonts
that I only use for my graphic program. I certainly don't want all those
installed in my Windows Fonts folder! I really mean...hundreds! Several
hundreds. I am a dyed-in-the-wool fontaholic. I use many dingbats also. My
folders for these fonts are in the Gigabytes.

My point was, that in order to use many of them that you DON'T want
installed, is to tell those who need to know, that all you have to do is
open the font and then minimize it. And that way you can still use it
without installing it.

I use a free program called The Font Thing found here:
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~scef/tft.html

It will allow you see the "characters" within the font, also. I wouldn't be
without it! You can also view all your dingbat fonts also.

HTH,

Sammi