-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Hotmail and junkmail

  • From: "Harold B." <haroldbraun@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PC TechTalk_LIST" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 08:50:41 -0400

Thank you again. Seems I never bothered to look but here are the options given
by Hotmail. This answers some of my questions. In the first category, I
buttoned "Standard" where I think "Low" is the default. I hope I don't lose
legitimate mail. --- Harold
FILTERS AND REPORTING

Choose a junk e-mail filter
Select the filter level you want to apply to incoming messages.
Low - Obvious junk e-mail is sent to the junk e-mail folder.
Standard - Most junk e-mail is sent to the junk e-mail folder.
Exclusive - Everything is sent to the junk e-mail folder except messages from
your contacts and safe senders, Windows Live Hotmail service announcements, and
alerts that you signed up for.

Note: You should occasionally check your junk e-mail folder to make sure that
good messages don't get put there by mistake.
Delete junk e-mail

Choose when junk e-mail is deleted.
Later - Junk e-mail is automatically moved into the junk e-mail folder, where
it is deleted after ten days.
Immediately - Junk e-mail is deleted immediately.

Report junk messages
Choose whether you'd like to report messages to Microsoft and the companies who
help us fight junk e-mail.
Report junk - Help us keep junk out of everyone's inboxes when you use the Junk
button.
Don't report - The Junk button will act just like the Delete button. Nothing
will be reported to Microsoft or anyone else.
in the Subject.