-=PCTechTalk=- QUIRKS!!!!!

  • From: "Patricia" <rhekay@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 08:10:38 -0400

Im not sure whats going on I have high speed cable connection
through a Lynksys Wireless G broadband router WRT54G and a Arris modem  I have
3 pcs connected
2 desktops and a laptop.Desktops OS Windows XP SP3 and laptop Vista.
I can surf the web all day long  however whenever I go into my
yahoo account to check my mail...as soon as I click on anything there
my router goes out and I have to wait until it comes back before continuing.
Its getting very frustrating here........at first I thought it was connected to
my AVG 8 free that scans for malware and tracking cookies as it pops up
when I click yahoo links but I disabled that today and Im still getting
booted.........how would I know if it is my router or modem?
The modem I have is the one my ISP recommended with my digital phone
we worked from Nov to Feb this year trying to find a modem that was compatible
to me needs......downloading etc and still keep my phone working..so this is the
one that has worked until now....
My modem never goes out its just the router.....and it does come back usually
on its own
sometimes I have to unplug both and reset them but it still goes out when I use
yahoo
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Patricia
in the Subject.