-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Hibernation and USB drives

  • From: Disastar <disastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 14:34:31 -0500

Although its possible, I don't really know if the USB device could get
confused under that circumstance.  The reason (or at least the main reason)
for the "Safely Remove Hardware" is, as you stated, to make sure any
outstanding write caches have been saved before removing the device.  As far
as I know the biggest problem with skipping "Safely Remove Hardware" is that
you could have data loss, which is never good.  ;)