-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Hibernation and USB drives

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 15:12:02 -0500

That's exactly right.  It's not the device that will have problems.  It's
the data that had not yet been written to that device that will be lost.
And if part of the data had been written, but not yet finalized, it will
also mess up the data that IS on the device.  I once discovered that this
can even affect some of the data on the device that was not even a part of
what had been accessed during that session.

Peace,
Gman

http://www.bornagainamerican.org