-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Help with virus.

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 11:18:51 -0400

When you boot off the CD, you're going to see the option to format your drive.
In your case, that's what you want to do, format the drive. After you've
selected the choice of formatting, it will give you 4 option... 1. FAT, 2. FAT
(QUICK), 3. NTFS, 4. NTFS (QUICK). Whichever you choosem don't do the quick
format. Do the full format. I recommend NTFS, for added security and
efficiencu, and more stable... but, NTFS can't be read in DOS, so if things go
bad you can't use a DOS start-up disk to navigate through the drive. You can,
however, use a 3rd party app, such as NTFS READER, to do that for you.
---Troth