-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Help needed with ScanDisk

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 09:00:35 -0400

My experience is that once scandisk is interrupted by an an outside program,
such as the screensaver, it STAYS interrupted.  So you should only see one
error message, not several.

Try setting scandisk to automatically fix errors it finds without prompting.
If that is not the problem you are having, give us the full text of the
error message(s) you get.

It is possible, though not very common, that something may be loading even
in SAFE mode that could cause errors.  That is why the specific error
message details are necessary.

Don