-=PCTechTalk=- Help needed with ScanDisk

  • From: "Sammi" <sammi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 22:17:49 -0600

Running W98 first edition, Dell Dimension XPS-R400, 320 MB Ram, 13 G HD dr.
For the past 2 days I have been trying to use ScanDisk from Safe Mode, using
"Thorough." test.

I get it all set up and running and then I go to bed 'cause it takes so long
to do. But both mornings I see that several errors have occurred. And I
don't think there is any way that it has completed the full scan. I am not
running any screensavers etc.

What other choices do I have to be able to run ScanDisk completely? I didn't
think this would happen from Safe Mode. Just goes to show... LOL

TIA,

Sammi