-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Hacking School CHRIS

  • From: "Bashful Bob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:45:55 -0500

Hi

Have you heard of "SNORT" an intrusion detection program for Linux and
Windows. Packet sniffers can let a person see what kind of packets and what
are in the packets that a machine receives.

OK So now you detect someone trying to get into your puter or is already in
it. Now what do you do?

No detection or security system is much good if one does not know what to
do. Would you not agree.

If you know how to hack, then you know what the vulnerabilities are and from
that a knowledgeable hacker knows how to prevent it. That is why you are
getting vulnerability patches from MS and others. Then there are the hackers
who write and send you viruses, etc, etc.

When speaking of hacking non protected computers, why would a good and smart
hacker want to hack Joe Blows puter and get little in return, when they can
hack a business computers and steal then sell secrets? Or a discontented
employee stealing company secrets or wrecking havoc on the companies
computer system. Some hackers shut down Microsoft, a few years ago, this way
after Microsoft bragged it could never happen to them.

Of course your puter might be interesting to hack for one learning the
techniques of hacking or for a knowledgeable hacker to set your machine up
to be used along with many others for a Denial of Service attack against
some corporations computers.

Now days, Computer security is a growing field and the pay for one in that
position is raising.

Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's
This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the addressee, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the addressee,
you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute
to anyone this message or any part thereof. If you have received this in
error, please immediately advise the sender by e-mail and delete this
information. Thank you