From: "Bashful Bob" <Bashfulbob@xxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2005 7:13 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Hacking School

It seems that the point that needs understanding is that in order to secure
a computer or a network against "Hackers" is the first thing you MUST know
is how to hack into a computer.

Now I am taking a security class at Purdue and we are learning just how to
hack into computers and then we are learning how to safe guard against those
techniques. We just got through install "Snort" on the class rooms computers
(dual booted with Linux and Windows).

In other words, you have to know how to do something before you can learn
how to stop it. Think about it.

Life is what happens in between plans.

Virus free email by Norton's
This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the addressee, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the addressee,
you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose, or distribute
to anyone this message or any part thereof. If you have received this in
error, please immediately advise the sender by e-mail and delete this
information. Thank you