-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HD integry check software

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:01:12 -0500

It should be pretty accurate.  If the drive is newer it will have
S.M.A.R.T. capability and will pretty reliably tell you of problems before
the drive goes south.  Spinrite has a good reputation for thoroughly
investigating hard drive integrity, but it isn't cheap.

On 8/11/2003 at 12:22 AM a whisper was heard, and the one known as Glenn
Folkvord (Hyperion Media) was rumoured to have uttered....