-=PCTechTalk=- Re: HARD DRIVES

  • From: "barnstoneworth" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:33:52 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "jo" <jo.clark@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "PCTECHTALK FREELISTS" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2003 6:07 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: HARD DRIVES

> Last night, I picked up a 120gb Western Digital 7200 drive for £59
> (About
> $95)...The 80gb drives were only  £10 cheaper, so it was worth going
> bigger...It is louder than the IBM, and it runs rather hot..Not sure I'd
> feel too comfortable leaving it running overnight, but it installed like
> dream. Still trying to get access to the faulty IBM drive, thanks for
> all your (on
> and off list) suggestions!  Andy
>
> hi andy
> was that at a fair ?   if so, can you give the name of the organisers ?
> cheers
> jo

It was at Aintree Racecourse in Liverpool, run by Abacus I think..I've also
seen the vendor at  Bowlers in Manchester on a Saturday.

No more luck on the IBM, I'm afraid.. can't get it to identify in the BIOS
and the computer won't even boot with it attached. I know power is getting
to the drive, as you can hear it power up, and you can feel the vibration
through the drives casing..very frustrating....

Andy