-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fw: TECH SUPPORT ++ To make matters worse...

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:02:49 -0700

Hi Jo Ann
Download AVG AntiSpywear
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti-spyware-free/lng/us/tpl/v5
"This setup contains the free as well as the paid version of AVG=
 Anti-Spyware Free. After the installation, a free 30-day trial version=
 containing all the extensions of the full version will be activated. At=
 the end of the trial, these extensions will be deactivated and the program=
 will turn into a feature-limited freeware version. The purchased license=
 code can be entered at any time."

It is very good.

IHTH

Mike the mod
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 3/26/2007 at 11:50 PM Jo Ann wrote:

GMan,

I just went and ran the Active Scan. It said it found two trojans on my
system called downloader.NKV and 44 spyware. it wanted me to pay to
disinfect. I'm running AVG. I updated and ran a full scan which found
nothing. I did a Google search and found only a small number of pages
most of which refer to Panda, hmmm What do you think?

Jo Ann

GMan wrote:
> Evelyn,
>     Have you tried using any of the free online scans yet?  You go to an
> antivirus site, click a button, accept a small downloaded ActiveX or
> Javascript file and it scans your system for these pests.  Most will only=

> tell you if it finds something, but you'd have to pay to remove it.  But
> there are some that do it all for free.  Better yet, you don't have to
turn
> off your own AV app before running it.  Below is one of my favorites.
Give