-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Fw: Start Up question

  • From: "GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 01:04:30 -0400

Sandi,
    Increasingly, hardware and software has been given the ability to run a
small program in the System Tray (by the clock at the bottom/right side of
the Taskbar) in order to shave a couple of moments off of the
hardware/software's startup time.  I have yet to see one that's worth
having.  all they do is take up system resources and bog down the system the
entire time they're running.  Unless it provides access to a process you
can't get otherwise, feel free to uncheck it and prevent it from starting up
with your system.

Peace,
G Man

PCTechTalk Owner